Looking for a great community volunteer opportunity?
United Way relies on hundreds of volunteers to guide our work and carry out important tasks. Depending on the time of year, there may be a volunteer opportunity that fits with your interests and schedule:
- In your workplace, you can volunteer to help with your internal United Way fundraising campaign (if you don’t run a campaign, you can step up and start one).
- United Way has an exciting volunteer opportunity for individuals and groups who want to make a difference in our community – but who don’t have a lot of time and/or feel that they don’t know a lot about issues that people face. Requiring only 3 hours per month, you could volunteer to role play a business or service representative in the Living on the Edge poverty simulation.
- Available to companies and other groups year-round, a Day of Caring is a great way to build workplace morale and complete a hands on project that makes a difference for a United Way agency partner.
- If you’re looking for a great way to help shape the future of our community, think about becoming a Youth United Volunteer! This volunteer opportunity is a great way to share your knowledge and talents, and grow your leadership and problem solving skills.
- We regularly recruit new Agency Liaison Volunteers, experts from a diverse background who collectively spend thousands of hours reviewing agency partner needs, making funding recommendations and ensuring that donations are achieving maximum results. (If you are interested in learning more about these positions, please contact Cindy Stephenson, Director, Organizational Development for United Way of Winnipeg at 204-924-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Between September and February, Koats for Kids requires volunteers to sort donations and fill orders. Much of the work is done during regular business hours, but we also open up on evenings and weekends to accommodate volunteer groups.
Other great opportunities
For a regularly-updated list of volunteer opportunities, check out Volunteer Manitoba’s website. Volunteer Manitoba is a United Way agency partner that provides an extensive online matching service for youth and adults. You may even wish to meet with one of Volunteer Manitoba’s trained interviewers to discuss available volunteer positions that match your personal skills and interests.
Spark, a program delivered by United Way agency partner CCEDNet (Canadian Community Economic Development Network), connects volunteer professionals to a broad range of community economic development projects. Spark can connect you with organizations that need your input and specific skills to carry out a time-limited piece of work.
No matter what you’re interested in, please call us at 204-477-5360 or email@example.com and we’ll do what we can to connect you with a volunteer opportunity that fits!