GenNext Summit: Our City
A conversation on building a better future for our city!
GenNext Summit: Our City brought together the next generation of leaders in Winnipeg to talk about our city at the RBC Convention Centre on October 27 – what we’re doing right, and what we need to improve. Check #GenNextSum for the highlights!
GenNext – what is it, and why should you learn more?
Looking for meaningful opportunities and experiences? United Way of Winnipeg supports 100 agency partners with multi-year core funding; without this funding many doors would close. Through the GenNext program you can play a key role in ensuring that these doors remain open, providing support and assistance to people who need it most.
The GenNext program was created in 2007 to provide Winnipeg’s future leaders with an opportunity to become engaged in their community while networking with like-minded individuals who share a passion for our city. GenNext brings people together to create meaningful social change in Winnipeg by providing tailored involvement opportunities and unforgettable networking experiences that impact you and the city where you work, live and play.
Join the GenNext network—develop your potential, make valuable and lasting contacts, and have fun in the process!
The GenNext Program is managed by a volunteer Council of current GenNexters with the support of United Way staff.
Introducing the 2016 – 2017 GenNext Council
- Chair – Adam Smoluk
- Vice Chair – Jane Helbrecht
- Chair, Governance & Recruitment – Rob Ferguson
- Co-Chairs, Sponsorship & Strategic Partnerships – Jenn Lusby, Aaron Ingram
- Co-Chairs, Engagement – Jay Leslie, Callan Davey
- Co-Chairs, Community Involvement – Diana King, Jeromy Spence
- Co-Chairs, Fundraising – Amanda Soloway, Lovey Jasysyn
- Co-Chairs, Marketing & Communications – Deanna Fair, Jessica Rosenbaum
- Chair, Ambassador Program – Christine Turczyn
United Way GenNext Manager – Susan Boissonneault
GenNext MEMBER BENEFITS
- The opportunity to interact with the larger GenNext network and develop valuable, lasting contacts.
- Exposure to key community leaders.
- Exclusive access to the GenNext newsletter and GenNext awareness, volunteer, networking and fundraising opportunities and initiatives.
- The chance to support and to give back to your community and city through United Way.
- A deeper understanding of the challenges that face our city and how you can help through the GenNext program and United Way.
GenNext EVENTS AND INITIATIVES
- Awareness events – Living on the Edge: Poverty Simulations and Speakers’ Bureau presentations.
- Volunteer opportunities – Days of Caring.
- Networking and social events – Pub Quiz Nights, Mixers, Pop-up dinners, Galas and Parties.
- Fundraising initiatives – Adventure Runs, Crowdfunding, and Peer-to-peer special events.
Thank you to our in-kind media sponsor, Sparker Strategy Group.