Download a PDF of this career opportunity here.
Use your influencing skills to build your community!
The Partnership Development Manager presents a unique opportunity to engage with community leaders across Winnipeg – executives in leading corporations, labour leaders, senior government leaders and executive directors of other non-profits. Working as an integral team member in our Donor Relations and Resource Development department, you will work closely with volunteers to develop and implement annual campaign workplace giving initiatives that are based on industry best practices, market research and data analysis. As an experienced professional, you will:
- Engage with organizations to understand their Corporate Social Responsibility goals and co-develop strategies to help them achieve those goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors through information sharing, consulting and connecting, and work to support and develop future partnerships
- Work with volunteers to develop and implement donor relations and fundraising programs within specific areas of the campaign, including workplace, corporate, and individual giving
You are a results oriented individual known for your enthusiasm, positive attitude and commitment to community. As a collaborative team player, you bring with you a strong desire to be part United Way of Winnipeg and:
- 3 – 5 years relationship management experience and a demonstrated track record of success
- Experience building strong relationships with senior leaders, as well as the ability to engage with all levels in an organization
- Project planning, implementation, monitoring and assessment capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage a diverse workload with competing deadlines
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- A degree or diploma in a related field
- Certified Fundraising Executive designation is considered an asset
- Experience working with volunteers an asset
Please forward cover letter (indicating the role and where you saw the position advertised) and résumé by Friday, May 5, 2017 directly to:
Cindy Stephenson, Director, Organizational Development
United Way of Winnipeg
580 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1C7
Download a PDF of this volunteer opportunity here.
United Way Winnipeg is currently seeking volunteers for the Living on the Edge: Taking a Look at Poverty simulation.
Are you looking for a unique experience that allows you to learn more about important issues in Winnipeg? Simulation volunteers act as agency, business and service representatives throughout the duration of a Living on the Edge poverty simulation.
What is Living on the Edge?
Living on the Edge is a unique experience designed to provide a glimpse into what it might be like to live on a low income trying to survive from month to month. Participants are placed in different households, each with a story that describes their financial situation. The simulation is divided into four simulated weeks. Following the simulation, participants and volunteers debrief the experience and learn more about the role United Way Winnipeg plays in addressing poverty.
What is the role of a Living on the Edge simulation volunteer?
Volunteers are integral to the poverty simulation experience. As participants go through the month they visit and utilize a number of community services and resources such as the bank, grocery store, social service office, and family resource centre. Volunteers serve as the staffers of these different community service and resource offices, helping guide participants throughout the experience of the poverty simulation.
- No preparation, previous knowledge or other experience needed.
- Each simulation requires approximately 3.5 hours, most often during the day
This is a great opportunity to help educate others on the realities of poverty while you
develop and enhance your own interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
United Way Winnipeg is a non-profit organization that partners with people from every corner of our community to create opportunities for a better life for everyone.
To learn more, please contact United Way
at 204-477-5360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are passionate about making Winnipeg a great place to live and you would like to join our team, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply directly to any of our current opportunities listed OR you can contact us directly at Careers@unitedwaywinnipeg.mb.ca.