Continuous improvement? Check! Fill up your tank with inspiration, new skills & knowledge. If cost is a barrier to participation call 204-924-4242 or email us.
In partnership with subject matter experts, United Way of Winnipeg’s Learning Centre offers high quality, capacity-building opportunities at low cost, to enable participants to return to their workplaces with new knowledge and skills applicable to the work they do, and to demonstrate continuous improvement against recognised sector standards for non-profits and charities in Canada.
Current development opportunities:
Managing Non-Profit Risk Confidently – March 1, 2018
Real Leadership in the Non-Profit World: Strengthening Your Personal Resilience & Focus AND Creating Thriving Workplaces – March 2, 2018
Creating and Maintaining a Truly Engaged & Impactful Non-Profit/Charity Board – March 3, 2018
Coaching for Leaders: Mindset, Process, Skills & Practice – March 5 & 12
Making Personality Work: Using Myers Briggs Personality Types – March 8, 2018
Retirement Success – April 10, 2018
Evaluation Tools Workshops – a series of seven workshops designed to improve your organization’s evaluation skills:
- Visual Planning: Logic Models & Theory of Change – January 18, 2018
- Interviews – January 23 – This session has been cancelled due to low registration
- Focus Groups – February 7
- Surveys & Questionnaires – February 20
- Engaging Special Populations & Visual Methods – March 15
- Quantitative Analysis – April 4
- Qualitative Analysis – April 17
2018 Charity Law Series:
Seminar 1: Legal Risk in Charitable Fundraising – February 21, 2018. For more information and to register, click here
Seminar 2: Planned Giving/Bequests – March 21, 2018. For more information and to register, click here.
Seminar 3: Rules for Administering Charitable Receipts and Expenditures – April 18, 2018. For more information and to register, click here.
Seminar 4: Legal Issues in Human Resource Management – May 23, 2018. For more information and to register, click here.
The Art & Science of Philanthropy – a six session course. Each three-hour session will be held one evening per week (for a total of 18 hours of classroom time):
- Thursday, March 15, 2018, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- Thursday, March 22, 2018, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 5, 2018, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 12, 2018, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 19, 2018, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 26, 2018, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Telling Our Stories: An Introduction to Indigenous Approaches to Evaluation – Wednesday, May 9, 2018.