Calling open-minded, community-committed young Winnipeggers for an amazing volunteer opportunity!
If you’re looking for a great way to help shape the future of Winnipeg, we’d love if you’d share your energy as a Youth United volunteer!
It’s a chance to use your knowledge and talents, and grow your leadership and problem solving skills.
As a Youth United Volunteer, you will:
- Work with other youth volunteers to plan & participate in events that get youth involved in our community
- Interact with United Way’s agency partners and learn about the great things they do for our city
- Represent youth at United Way Winnipeg events, like Campaign Celebration
- Commit approx 6 hours/month, including 2 hour monthly meetings
You’re a dependable team player who:
- Has leadership experience
- Is 16-24 years old
- Is open-minded and inclusive
- Is committed to creating a community where everyone has the opportunity to succeed
Youth United Volunteers represent Winnipeg’s diversity and guide United Way’s Youth Engagement Strategy. By giving grants to youth-initiated community projects and hosting events like our Leadership Conference, we create opportunities for youth to get involved in the community. We celebrate youth who are already involved in their communities by giving scholarships and awards.
We are looking for new Youth United Volunteers to join our team in late August. If you’d like to volunteer, or just want more information, please email Samantha, our Youth United manager, or phone her at 204-924-4265.