The Youth Leaders in Action Scholarship is designed to recognize the contributions of young community leaders and encourage them to keep up the great work. In 2014, we will be awarding four scholarships of $500 each. Applicants will be young people under 25 who have made a difference in our community.
For quick reference, the scholarship criteria are:
- Academic potential – Awards will be given to full or part-time students who have been accepted to or are attending a post-secondary institution in Winnipeg during the 2014-2015 academic year and are able to demonstrate a commitment to their education.
- Demonstrated leadership – The selection committee will look for situations where students have challenged themselves in order to influence others and address local community issues that are important to them.
- Community involvement – Recipients will be able to demonstrate genuine commitment and connection at a neighbourhood level.
- Connection with a United Way-funded organization – Awards will be granted to students who have participated, volunteered, or worked with a United Way agency partner.
- Financial need – The selection committee will make it a priority to select recipients who have demonstrated a need for financial support.
The deadline for the scholarship is February 14th, 2014.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact :
Youth United Manager